Tuesday 1 March 2016

Pixel Art 5: Character States and Tiles

Hey everyone,

It's been a while since I posted something about pixel art so I decided to do so this week. I have done little in the way of pixel art in the past 1 month since my focus was on HTML and Java; however I did make two items I wanted to show.

The first is a character I used to experiment and try to practice a little bit of states. I.e. Idle, Walking, Jumping and finally Crouching - or more like hitting the ground again after a jump.

Simple Animation Frames

The character is simplistic - I tried to not overcomplicate him since I was still going to decide how I would do the various states. For a first attempt - I am fairly satisfied. There are a number of obvious improvements of course - firstly being that the head remains consistently the same throughout.

Expanded Grassy Tileset


I also worked on a few more tiles. I think if you haven't realised by now; tiles are quickly becoming a favourite of mine. I do need to start adding some complexity however - such as structures. The pillars came out fairly nicely - I hope to eventually add a type of ancient Greek structure and see how that comes out. I'll be sure to post it here when I do!



Until next time,
Dylan

No comments:

Post a Comment